Mission, Vision, and Values
We support refugees and asylum seekers in Lewisham to help themselves and integrate into their communities. We empower refugees to rebuild content and purposeful lives in the UK.
At AFRIL we provide culturally sensitive and linguistically appropriate responsive services that effectively meet the needs of our communities and contribute to our mission, vision and values.
Our work is grounded in our values:
- Professionalism: providing the best possible service in the most effective, professional and caring way
- Inclusiveness: providing a free and accessible service to all, regardless of their ethnicity, political beliefs or religious background
- Community led and community based: developed from within the local refugee and asylum-seeking communities and remaining firmly based within them
It is our mission to support refugees to help themselves by:
- Empowering them to acquire skills and knowledge
- Finding out about and accessing services
- Providing volunteer experience to build their skills